Claiming British Nationality
If you are unsure whether you are eligible for British Citizenship, how should you proceed? We have developed a 4 Step Process to determine whether you have a claim.
Take our Passport Assessment or contact us if you are ready to get started.
Applications for British Nationality
Applications for British Nationality are often complex and have to go through a lengthy approval process. Philip Gamble explains how you can get started.
4 Step Process to determine a claim to British Nationality
Given the complexities of British Nationality legislation, and because we handle hundreds of enquiries every day, we have developed a simple 4 Step Process as the most effective way of giving you the answer you’re looking for.
The steps are as follows:
- Step 1 - Standard vs Non-standard: Determine whether you have a Standard claim to British Nationality. You have a Standard claim if you were born in the UK before 1983, a parent was naturalised before your birth, or if a parent was born in the UK before 1983 (provided that your parents were married at the time of your birth). All other claims are considered to be Non-standard.
- Step 2 - Nationality Assessment: If you do not have a standard route to nationality (as determined in step 1), complete our free Nationality Assessment. Your input is filtered against the hundreds of Non-standard British Nationality solutions that we know of. Your results page, the final page on the assessment, will set out all your possible solutions.
- Step 3 - British Passport Review: From your results page (reached in step 2), you can instruct Philip Gamble to review the family tree that you created in step 2. By ordering this free review, you are asking Philip for his opinion on your chances of claiming British Nationality. Philip will let you know via email whether your claim to British Nationality is: "Definite, Likely, Possible, Unlikely or Remote."
- Step 4 - Status Trace: You instruct Philip Gamble and his team of specialists in London to review copies of your family documents and research your rights to British Nationality. After searching for any possible way in which you can qualify, they will write a detailed Nationality Report, giving you a definitive Yes/No answer. A fee of £350 applies.
British Passport Review
When Philip conducts a British Passport Review he assesses your family tree through a series of straightforward questions to determine your eligibility for UK Citizenship.
Status Trace Report
The last step in the application process involves detailed research into your claim, which results in an expert opinion as to your British Nationality status.
As outlined above, the first three steps of the application process are free for people researching their claims to British Nationality:
- A British Passport Review (Philip Gamble will give his opinion on your chances of qualifying for a British Passport)
- A personalised Visa and Immigration Report, detailing all the Nationality options for you and your family
- A British Nationality Law Summary (summarising the complex British Nationality rules and laws)
At this point you may want to receive a definitive answer to your Nationality status. For this you can choose from our following services:
- Status Trace (£350): A detailed research by Philip’s team into your family history to establish your claim
- Status Trace FastTrack (£650): The research and report is completed within 48 hours
If you would like to take up any of these services, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, purchase the service from your Results Page after you have taken our Passport Assessment or purchase the service below.
|Service Type |